A G7 Master Qualification is granted to a physical facility, equipment and/or systems. Printing Arts received G7 training from certified G7 Experts to become a G7 Master Qualified Printer. You might ask, what does this mean to me? How does this impact the quality of the print I receive from Printing Arts? Here is a quick summary:
What is G7?
- G7 is an international standard (TR015) for calibrating printing presses and proofing systems to a common visual neutral grayscale appearance.
- The G7 methodology uses gray balance as the driving force for achieving visual similarity across all print processes.
- G7 is the benchmark method to obtain the goals and specifications specified in Guide to Print Production 12th edition, a comprehensive set of established best practices & specifications for printing.
What does it prove to be a G7 Master Qualified Proof or Print Provider?
- G7 Master Qualification is sought-after recognition of excellence in printing.
- The G7 Master designation identifies print service providers, prepress providers, and creative agencies that excel in implementing the G7 Proof-to-Print Process, a calibration method that allows printers to achieve a visual simulation across multiple print platforms.
- A G7® Master Qualified printer, through the implementation of proofing and printing calibration to G7 and use of standardization, can simulate color locally as well as globally, across all types of print systems and devices.
- G7 Master Qualified companies join an elite group of proof and print service providers who have successfully proven capable of providing the highest quality color printing.
- Customers of G7® Master Qualified Printers benefit from the most modern technology, techniques and process controls available today in the graphic arts industry.
- Achieving color consistency when printing on multiple platforms, in various geographic regions, is a critical component in brand management.
Who does the qualifying?
- The G7 program is managed by IDEAlliance®, a not-for-profit association of leading print and electronic media service providers and their technology partners.
- As a global association, IDEAlliance is dedicated to guiding media production best practices, specifications, and standards, worldwide.
Courtesy: © IDEAlliance 2004-2014 1600 Duke Street, Suite 420 Alexandria, VA 22314 Phone: 703.837.1070